this is so easy and delicious, it’s almost not legit.
Slow Cooker Sausage and Lentil Stew
Recipe type: main
- 1.5 cup lentils
- 3 cups beef broth
- 4 smoked chicken or turkey sausage links, sliced (i used spicy chicken to give it a kick)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp thyme (dried)
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Rinse your lentils under cold water, and place them into an empty slow cooker.
- Brown sausage (optional if you use cooked sausages)
- Add beef broth, and sliced sausage.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion and garlic. (i didn’t add salt as i felt it was flavorful enough with broth and sausage, but you can salt to taste)
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2.5 hours.