My dad’s recipe for Peking Duck. We have this for Thanksgiving every year at the Lin Family, much juicier than turkey!
Author: Juintow Lin
Recipe type: Chinese, Holidays, Entree
This makes two Peking Ducks.
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar and 3-4 table spoons of honey in a container
- Lay duck into the mix (one at a time) and make sure all skin touches the mix
- Hang ducks in a windy and cool place not warmer than 75 deg F for 2 days
- Place both ducks (legs and breasts up) in a oven and bake for 70 minutes at 400 deg F, turn over at 45 minutes
- Stick a chopstick on legs and make sure the juice is clear (not pink)
- For sauce, mix one bottle of Hoisin paste with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, add some water and white pepper and boil
- For pancakes, mix 4 cups of flour with 2 cups of warm water (1/2 boiled ½ room temp), kneel well into a dough
- Divide dough into about 40 balls, dip one ball into oil and combine with another; spread the pair into a thin layer; repeat for the other 19 (pairs)
- Heat a pan (no oil) with medium heat, put pairs into the pan and bake until seeing bobbles in between, separate the pair
- Slice two bundles of green onions into thin shreds
- Slice duck skin and meat
- Take a pancake, add sauce and shred green onions, add duck skin and meat, wrap before eating