- This topic is empty.
December 19, 2020 at 1:22 pm #25202Ann HowardGuest
Finding Your Way Using Map, Compass, Altimeter, & GPS
by Bob Burns, Mike Burns
- Publisher: Mountaineers Books
- ISBN: 9780898869538 (0898869536)
- Genres: reference, outdoors, travel, adventure, survival, recreation, mountaineering
- Release date: December 20, 2012
- Language: english
- Format: unknown binding, 141 pages
- First published: January 1, 2012
- Author: Bob Burns, Mike Burns
About The Book
* GPS chapter completely updated to reflect newer models and features of GPS receivers now available
* Expanded to include a section on routefinding on glaciers, along with additional information on changing declination
* Extensive illustrated examples of orientation and wilderness navigation
Proceed with confidence when heading off-road or off-trail with the second edition of Wilderness Navigation. Whether you are climbing a glacier, orienteering in the backcountry, or on an easy day hike, Mike and Bob Burns cover all the latest technology and time-tested methods to help you learn to navigate-from how to read a map to compasses and geomagnetism.
Bob Burns is a long-time member of The Mountaineers. He has taught classes in the use of map and compass since the late 1970s. Mike Burns is an avid climber. He has instructed climbing and navigation classes, and written articles for Climbing magazine.
Part of the The Mountaineers Outdoor Basics series! Created for beginning-to-intermediate enthusiasts, this series includes everything anyone would need to know about staying safe and having fun in the backcountry.
Hardback ebook Wilderness Navigation read online on PocketBook. Paperback Wilderness Navigation Bob Burns buy cheap on Dymocks. MP3 book Wilderness Navigation by Bob Burns. FB2 Wilderness Navigation download PC on Walmart. FictionBook book Wilderness Navigation Bob Burns read on IndieBound.