- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2020 at 11:10 pm #20442John KarcznerGuest
When the Sea Turned to Silver
by Grace Lin
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 384 pages
- Awards: Mythopoeic Fantasy Award Nominee for Children’s Literature (2017), National Book Award Finalist for Young People’s Literature (2016)
- Genres: fantasy, adventure, fiction, childrens, china, mythology, cultural
- Author: Grace Lin
- ISBN: 9780316125925 (031612592X)
- Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Release date: October 4, 2016
About The Book
Pinmei’s gentle, loving grandmother always has the most exciting tales for her granddaughter and the other villagers. However, the peace is shattered one night when soldiers of the Emperor arrive and kidnap the storyteller.
Everyone knows that the Emperor wants something called the Luminous Stone That Lights the Night. Determined to have her grandmother returned, Pinmei embarks on a journey to find the Luminous Stone alongside her friend Yishan, a mysterious boy who seems to have his own secrets to hide. Together, the two must face obstacles usually found only in legends to find the Luminous Stone and save Pinmei’s grandmother — before it’s too late.
A fast-paced adventure that is extraordinarily written and beautifully illustrated, When the Sea Turned to Silver is a masterpiece companion novel to Where the Mountain Meets the Moon and Starry River of the Sky.
Paperback When the Sea Turned to Silver download. MP3 ebook When the Sea Turned to Silver by Grace Lin buy on Kindle on Booktopia. Hardcover book When the Sea Turned to Silver Grace Lin for Mac.