• Release date: February 3, 2000
    • Language: english
    • Publisher: Phoenix
    • ISBN: 9780753809419 (0753809419)
    • Author: Simon Heffer
    • Format: paperback, 192 pages

About The Book

“Be in no doubt: the beer was drunk but the man drank the beer.”

“We must avoid vulgarities like ‘front up’. If someone is ‘fronting up’ a television show, then he is presenting it.”

Simon Heffer’s incisive and amusingly despairing emails to colleagues at the The Daily Telegraph about grammatical mistakes and stylistic slips have attracted a growing band of ardent fans over recent years. Now, in his new book Strictly English, he makes an impassioned case for an end to the sloppiness that has become such a hallmark of everyday speech and writing, and shows how accuracy and clarity are within the grasp of anyone who is prepared to take the time to master a few simple rules.

If you wince when you see “different than” in print, or are offended by people who think that “infer” and “imply” mean the same thing, then this book will provide reassurance that you are not alone. And if you believe that precise and elegant English really does matter, then it will prove required reading.

TXT Nor Shall My Sword by Simon Heffer read online iPhone. EPUB book Nor Shall My Sword buy on Amazon. MP3 ebook Nor Shall My Sword download on Mac on Walmart. MOBI book Nor Shall My Sword Simon Heffer. Paperback Nor Shall My Sword Simon Heffer read for Android.

Hardback ebook Nor Shall My Sword on Powells. Online Nor Shall My Sword by Simon Heffer download on Bookshop. Hardcover ebook Nor Shall My Sword buy cheap iOS. FictionBook book Nor Shall My Sword by Simon Heffer read online for PocketBook. FB2 ebook Nor Shall My Sword buy cheap on Dymocks.

PDF Nor Shall My Sword download on Kindle. TXT book Nor Shall My Sword Simon Heffer on IndieBound. Online ebook Nor Shall My Sword read on Booktopia. PDF Nor Shall My Sword by Simon Heffer for iPad. MP3 book Nor Shall My Sword Simon Heffer buy on PC on Book Depository.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Nor Shall My Sword – FB2 download
Your information: