- This topic is empty.
November 10, 2020 at 2:48 am #20481Mark ZahiaGuest
by Christopher Priest
- Language: english
- Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best SF Novel (2012), British Science Fiction Association Award for Best Novel (2011), John W. Campbell Memorial Award for Best Science Fiction Novel (2012), Grand Prix de l’Imaginaire Nominee for Roman étranger (2014), Seiun Award 星雲賞 Nominee for Best Translated Long Form (2014)
- Genres: fantasy, fiction, mystery, contemporary, novels
- ISBN: 9780575070042 (0575070048)
- Publisher: Gollancz
- Format: hardcover, 342 pages
- Author: Christopher Priest
- Release date: June 1, 2012
About The Book
Reality is illusory and magical in the stunning new literary SF novel from the multiple award-winning author of The Prestige — for fans of Haruki Murakami and David Mitchell
A tale of murder, artistic rivalry, and literary trickery; a Chinese puzzle of a novel where nothing is quite what it seems; a narrator whose agenda is artful and subtle; a narrative that pulls you in and plays an elegant game with you. The Dream Archipelago is a vast network of islands. The names of the islands are different depending on who you talk to, their very locations seem to twist and shift. Some islands have been sculpted into vast musical instruments, others are home to lethal creatures, others the playground for high society. Hot winds blow across the archipelago and a war fought between two distant continents is played out across its waters. The Islanders serves both as an untrustworthy but enticing guide to the islands; an intriguing, multi-layered tale of a murder; and the suspect legacy of its appealing but definitely untrustworthy narrator. It shows Christopher Priest at the height of his powers and illustrates his undiminished power to dazzle.
MOBI The Islanders buy cheap. EPUB ebook The Islanders Christopher Priest read online for Mac on IndieBound. PDF book The Islanders on PC. Online book The Islanders by Christopher Priest download on Booktopia.