- This topic is empty.
November 15, 2020 at 7:50 am #21916Beth CrossGuest
A Suitable Boy
(A Bridge of Leaves, #1)
by Vikram Seth
- Author: Vikram Seth
- Release date: October 4, 2005
- Genres: fiction, india, classics, romance, historical, novels, literature
- Series: A Bridge of Leaves, #1
- Publisher: Harper Perennial Modern Classics
- Places: Delhi, Kanpur, Calcutta
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 1,474 pages
- Awards: WH Smith Literary Award (1994), Commonwealth Writers’ Prize for Best Book Overall (1994)
- ISBN: 9780060786526 (0060786523)
- Characters: Lata Mehra, Rupa Mehra, Savita Mehra, Arun Mehra, Varun Mehra
About The Book
Vikram Seth’s novel is, at its core, a love story: Lata and her mother, Mrs. Rupa Mehra, are both trying to find — through love or through exacting maternal appraisal — a suitable boy for Lata to marry. Set in the early 1950s, in an India newly independent and struggling through a time of crisis, A Suitable Boy takes us into the richly imagined world of four large extended families and spins a compulsively readable tale of their lives and loves. A sweeping panoramic portrait of a complex, multiethnic society in flux, A Suitable Boy remains the story of ordinary people caught up in a web of love and ambition, humor and sadness, prejudice and reconciliation, the most delicate social etiquette and the most appalling violence.
Hardcover A Suitable Boy iPhone on IndieBound. EPUB ebook A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth buy cheap. Paperback book A Suitable Boy read on PocketBook.
Hardback book A Suitable Boy Vikram Seth download on Powells. PDF A Suitable Boy download for Mac on Amazon. MP3 ebook A Suitable Boy Vikram Seth read online.